Spay\neuter financial assistance program
for pet owners
Serving eastern Iowa and northwestern Illinois
ABC relies on the support we receive from our loyal members. We would love to add you to our membership list! Please consider making a donation today. Any amount is so greatly appreciated.
Please click here to access our donation form, which can be printed and then mailed to ABC.
We are working on setting up Paypal to take donations, hopefully that option will be available soon.
Memorials and Gift Memberships
For donations made in memory or in honor of others or for Gift memberships, please click here for the mailable donation form.
Where your donation goes
Approximately 90% of the money raised by ABC goes directly to pay for surgical expenses. The remaining 10% is used for fundraising expenses. No one associated with ABC receives any salary, and all associated with ABC donate many of the supplies needed.
The American Institute of Philanthropy (AIP), a charity watchdog outfit, recommends supporting a charity in which at least 60% of your donation goes to the charitable endeavor itself.
PERCENT SPENT ON CHARITABLE PURPOSE
This is the portion of total expenses that is spent on charitable programs. In AIP’s view, 60% or greater is reasonable for most charities. The remaining percentage is spent on fundraising and general administration. Note: A 60% program percentage typically indicates a “satisfactory” or “C range” rating. Most highly efficient charities are able to spend 75% or more on programs.
ABC spends 90% on the animals! Sounds like we deserve an A+++!